What I mean, is that articles like this one, are daily present in our mind (we, as certified PHP developers :D)
At the same time, today I though about one simple thing:
- Which program language is the diamond of MS? C#
- Which program language does MS use to create applications? C#
- Is MS IDE writen in C#, to develop in C#? Almost
- Which program language is the diamond of Sun Microsystem? Java
- Which program language does Sun use to create applications? Java
- Is Eclipse IDE written in Java, to develop in Java? Almost
Same loop could be applied for Python, Ruby, D, Ocaml ... others, now stop one second ...
- Which program language is the diamond of Zend? PHP
- Which program language does Zend use to create applications? Java
- Is Zend IDE written in PHP (GTK), to develop in PHP? NO
I know that phpgtk is a project out of the box, but it seems that Zend does not rely in its self proposed program language, or in its amazing extensions, as php gtk is.
- Is it because PHP is not stable, scalable, powerful, as Java is? (don't you really know the answer?)
- Is it because PHP is known as web purpose language, and it has not official support for desktop development? Maybe ... or maybe first point is more credible ...
I do like PHP, and what it offers daily for web development, but problems, bugs, simultaneous developed versions, let me think that probably we are using a program language, while its "official sponsor" does not like them that much ... but it's only my humble opinion, and I am using PHP since 1999 - am I an idiot?