My JavaScript book is out! Don't miss the opportunity to upgrade your beginner or average dev skills.

Sunday, March 02, 2008

JavaScript ArrayObject

I think this constructor could be a good start point for a lot of projects.

We know that IE has problems while it try to extend an array, disabling length modification.

That's why I have created this wrapper that does not require weird strategies (e.g. iframe with a different enviroment) and works with a wide range of browsers.

Honestly, I did not test performances against pure arrays, but I did everything to make code as fast as possible, using good practices and creating an in-scope shortcut for the Array.prototype.

Have a look here if you are interested in this constructor, ignore them if you do not think this is a good idea :)

P.S. Please note that this constructor does not care about missed prototypes, it only does its wrapping work and nothing else. To improve Array compatibility and methods, please remember my JSL Revision. Including them in your page, You'll not have problems with every ArrayObject method, eccept for reduce and reduceRight (I will create a good implementation of those function, I promise!)

No comments: